Woodland Grange Hotel
Old Milverton Ln
26/10/2017 - 29/10/2017
About the event
Wowzers! We’ll be hosting our annual Mega Weekend event between October 26th and 29th 2017 at the Woodland Grange hotel – of which we have exclusive use – in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Three full days in which people with dwarfism and their families can attend a range of interactive workshops, informative talks, and fun activities, including:
- Medical session with Dr Michael Wright;
- Clothes alteration and sewing;
- Cartoons with professional illustrator Rob Jerome;
- Fire Poi;
- Dwarfism in history (for ages 11+);
Arts and crafts;
And much more…
New friendships can be forged and old ones rekindled over this special long weekend, which includes a festival-themed party on Friday (with prizes for the best-dressed kids and adults) as well as a Gala Dinner, disco, and firework display on Saturday.
RGA UK Vice-Chair Eugene Grant said: “As a child with dwarfism, the RGA UK Mega Weekend was one of the highlights of my year – spending the weekend with people I didn’t have to explain myself to… I remember the excitement of arriving and the sadness of leaving – instantly longing for next year’s event to come around.”
Past attendees said: “This was our first social occasion with RGA and we are not yet involved with any other groups. The weekend was amazing; we all had a wonderful time. The venue was excellent, fantastic food and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The committee must have worked so hard to put on such a fantastic weekend. We’re looking forward to next year.”
We’ve different packages to suit everyone, whether you’re coming for the whole Shabang or just for the day.
- Option 1. Thurs PM – Sun AM is £249 per adult or £230 for 65+. 3 nights’ accommodation.
- Option 2. Fri AM – Sun PM, is £195 per adult or £180 for 65+
- Fri day and evening is £50 per adult or £45 for 65+.
- Sat day and evening is £65 per adult or £60 for 65+, this includes our 3 course gala dinner on Sat evening.
- Day delegates are £40 for all adults.
All options include sessions, activities, evening entertainment (if applicable), meals and unlimited soft refreshments!
We know these events cost. As always we subsidise the price to keep it as low as possible. We also take monthly payments for people who need to spread the cost. Email: email@example.com.